The card carousel provides the ability to feature recent news articles or events in carousel format.
Cards can be:
- automatically populated by most recent
- manually curated one by one
For events, it displays the date, title, description, location and a link to more details.
How to build
Card carousels can be embedded in any content page. They can be set to display
- 9 latest news items
- 9 latest events
- your choice of cards (events, promotional cards or key dates)
To insert a Card carousel content component, you need to be in the Body content tab.
- Click the Component type dropdown, select Card Carousel and click the Add another component button.
- Fill in the Title field.
- Under the heading Latest Items you can choose N/A, Events or News.
- Choosing News or Events will automatically populate the carousel with the latest new or events.
- If you choose N/A, you need to link to content items one by one. This is good to feature specific pages on your site, but it's not recommended for news or events as you'll need to update it frequently.
- To manually link to content, click the dropdown under the Items heading:
- Add Card event: populate the card using Title, Media, Date, Date Range, Location
- Add Card Event Automated: automatically feature an event by adding CTA Text and the Referred event UR
- Add Promotion: populate the card using Title, Date posted, Topic, Image, Summary, URL and Link text
- Add Card Promotion Automated: here you can add automatically feature content by adding Referred content and CTA Text
- Add key dates
Reviewed 30 March 2021