- Promotion card - link to programs, services or events
- Key dates - highlight key dates for a topic area/website section
- Embedded webform - allows users to submit an enquiry or provide feedback
Note: automated = internal link.
Technically you can copy in an alpha.vic.gov.au link into the non-automated cards, but we don't recommend it. If there is any change in the page title or if the page is deleted, your link will break. Using automated links for pages in alpha.vic.gov.au helps keep the site up to date.
Below you'll find instructions for adding and using these components.
Promotion cards provide an eye-catching way to promote links to other pages on your site (or external sites).
The card consists of a title, image and summary.
Navigation cards come in 3 varieties:
- no image (or standard)
There are four areas to complete.
- Card Display Style
This is the link to the page featured on the card.
- When using an internal link, start typing the page name. If the page is published, it will show up as a 'relative url' (e.g. 'Navigation Card'). Do not paste the full 'absolute url', which includes the full address (e.g. '').
- When using an external link, use the full, 'absolute' url.
This is the title that will appear on the card. We recommend using the page title.
While this field is optional, we recommended writing a short description. You can use the destination page's introduction text.
Card Display Style
This option allows you to choose one of the three varieties mentioned and displayed above.
These are only used on the alpha.vic.gov.au home page.
The Key dates card looks like this:
Functionality for the Key dates card is being developed. Currently, only the links in the final CTA section works, linking to an external event page.
Create a Key dates card
Complete these fields for each key date:
- Key Dates*
- CTA link - this will display as a button in the key dates feature*
The site currently has 2 live webforms.
Reviewed 03 March 2021