These guides will help you with writing great online content, using our content management system (CMS), quality checking your work and working with the digital publishing team.
Content on vic.gov.au is:
- focussed on how the user will best receive the government's message
- always a collaboration and digital presentation is considered from the start
- never finished unless it’s retired
- always has an owner with expertise and time to look after it and evaluate its success
- published quickly as long as the digital equivalent is provided.
Talk to us early if you’re thinking about new content
Check with the Digital, Design and Innovation branch at least 1 week before developing or outsourcing new web content (including logos, images and social media tiles).
Publish a new section
Fill out our business case document to make sure each page has a purpose:
Publish a publication
Publish a one-off page
We follow the and most pages should use the We encourage you to in the Content Management System (CMS) as this will help you see what works online and what doesn't. If you need to start with Word to collaborate with stakeholders then you should use our content template.
Publish a grant
Training, digital networks and further support
- Visit our digital training page to find .
- To join our monthly Single Digital Presence Community of Practice, register via the .
- Got a question or need some specific content help? to get your answer.
Logging in to the CMS
- Use Chrome as your browser (the CMS doesn't work well in Internet Explorer or Firefox) and open
- Your username is in the format firstname.lastname (for example: jane.lee).
- If you're having trouble logging in, email .
- If you need a new user account set up, .
Your password will need to:
- be a minimum of 8 characters
- include 3 of the following:
- 1 uppercase character
- 1 lowercase character
- 1 number
- 1 special character
You'll be automatically prompted to update your password every 90 days.
Reviewed 21 July 2021