The SDP story began in 2016, with a business case to consolidate all Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) websites onto a common platform. This was a successful proof of concept for a whole of Victorian government consolidation program.
Since then, we have begun to work with our colleagues across the Victorian Public Service to realize the full benefits of a whole of government approach to digital delivery.
- 90+ sites consolidated
- 9 Departments on SDP
- 400+ Victorian public servants trained
SDP has been working to consolidate, innovate and grow over time. Here is a snapshot of our 3 phases of operation:
Horizon 1: 2016 – 2018
- DPC business case
- Build and delivery of the technical stack (hosting, content and user interface)
- SDP released as open source
- Consolidation of DPC content onto SDP
Horizon 2: 2019 to 2021
- Vic.gov.au go live on SDP
- Final consolidation of DPC content onto SDP
- Getting SDP processes and governance ready to scale
Horizon 3: 2021 and beyond
- Working with Victorian government stakeholders to consolidate content onto SDP.
Reviewed 15 June 2021